FSSAI Registration and License
The Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 introduced to improve the hygiene and quality of food has brought about tremendous changes in the food industry. As per the Act, no person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a FSSAI license or FSSAI registration. Therefore, any food manufacturing or processing or packaging or distributing entity is now required to obtain a FSSAI License or Registration.
FSSAI License is issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Family Health & Welfare, Government of India. Application to commence a food business must be made to the FSSAI in the prescribed format. Based on the application and supporting documents, FSSAI will accord approval. Corpium advisory can help your business obtain FSSAI Registration or License quickly and hassle-fee. Talk to our Business Advisors and we will help you get the necessary FSSAI approvals and registrations.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Reasons to Register a FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Registration: FSSAI Registration issued by FSSAI is required for carrying on activities related to any stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution of food.
- License Categories: FSSAI License can be divided into two categories State level License and Central License. Hotel, Restaurant and medium size food manufacturers are covered under State license. Large size food manufacturers come under Central licensing.
- Hawkers and Cottage Industries: Petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor or a temporary stallholder or small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food business operator are exempt from obtaining FSSAI Registration or License.
- Location Specific: A separate FSSAI Registration or License required and issued for each location where food is handled. Therefore, an entity may have to obtain multiple FSSAI licenses if it operates multiple locations.
- Validity: FSSAI License or registration can be applied for tenure of maximum 5 years. However it applied for less than 5 years as well like one year, two years etc. The Registration of license is required to be renewed 30 days prior to expiry.